• WIZARD POPE💫
    link
    fedilink
    English
    -41 month ago

I know it has many side effects. My girfriend suffered many of them when she was taking the pill and I had to beg her to stop because it just was not worth it.

And fuck off of course it’s easier to stop ovulation than sperm production. It’s a numbers game. Also not like I fucking made hormonal birth control. What we have now is bad and you can go ahead and find a better alternative with less side effects. That does not mean the new birth control should also have side effects. Take issue with the people that approved the current ones.

• Norgur
      link
      fedilink
      71 month ago

A “numbers game”? Do you think there are little men in your balls, strangulating every sperm cell when it’s formed? Or… do you think the pill works by somehow interfering with the ovum itself?

Because it doesn’t. Quite the opposite. Just as male contraception methods don’t try to kill sperm, but to shut down the factory. Besides: You cannot measure the difficulty or complexity of medical procedures by how many cells are affected. By that logic, brain surgery would be way easier to do than amputating a leg.

• WIZARD POPE💫
        link
        fedilink
        English
        01 month ago

What I meant is that it’s easier to ensure it works being a numbers game. If you constantly have new sperm being made it’s way harder to shut that down consistently than to stop one egg releasing once per month.

• Norgur
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Woah there, you shouldn’t berate someone, belittling them for being “too young” and then act like a child in the supermarket when they didn’t get the Matchbox Car they wanted. Jeez!

• the post of tom joad
          link
          fedilink
          English
          -11 month ago

Haha you’re right, usually i avoid the youth angle. But his comments smelled so youthful the words came out on their own. only the young get mad at the insult so i think in moderation it’s a good tool