• @Wes4Humanity@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    11 month ago

I guess I don’t see how Bush fits that definition, but I guess it doesn’t matter, I think we’re close enough.

Personally, I wish we could hurry up and replace all human labor with computers and machines. People could still do work, they’ll just be free to pursue work that they find satisfying instead of the bullshit work most people are doing now. We will of course have to have an economic revolution and force the rich to share the wealth created by the machines, otherwise everyone dies in the streets except a few thousand rich people. I’m a strong proponent of UBI tied to inflation and set at a thriving level by “district”… However we want to define district.

• @OpenStars
      link
      English
      11 month ago

otherwise everyone dies in the streets except a few thousand rich people

Which is probably why the revolution would be allowed in the first place. They have their own islands or stay perpetually in the air - they can afford to wait it out.

• @Wes4Humanity@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        21 month ago

Yeah…I think they’ll push for a faux revolution, designed to cull the herd more than actually change power structures… Our only hope is for people to realize they need to fight the rich and not each other… So I don’t have high hopes