• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    127 days ago

Also, ALL of them have hidden depths. Is Ban really just a “human” for instance - with all that he can do!? (okay, so technically yes:-P but I mean, there is more to the story than just that, obvi!:-D) I love how the show did its slow reveals, not even including some of the Sins early on, in order to allow the show to build up more first.

Seven Deadly Sins is >1000x better than the earlier Fate Stay Nights. It has an… “odd” style, like extremely hyper-sexualized, but even that plays a role in conveying the dream/fantasy-like nature of that world, making it literally cartoonish. Somewhere over time, they really learned how to tell a story well.

• BigFig
      link
      fedilink
      English
      127 days ago

And they toned down the sexual jokes and fan service eventually which I liked. That stuff gets old real quick imo

• @OpenStars
        link
        English
        127 days ago

Yeah it did, though it was like SO out of proportion that I didn’t even react to it at all after awhile (but still, better that it went away:-P). At least its not like modern games try to do, where that stuff is all there is - 7DS has great depths that make putting up with that worthwhile, overall:-).