• The Soca Vault
    link
    fedilink
    English
    429 days ago

I think it’s really easy to make an echo chamber here, make a community and only follow said community? I enjoy Lemmy, because look,we are having legitimate conversations, but some posts I have come across - it’s like no conversation, just putting down an opposite point of view.

Me personally, I do my best to try and avoid the political stuff, but even that is difficult at times.

But yes, subscribe to the communities and if the content is there, great, if not, make some or help promote it.

• @OpenStars
      link
      English
      129 days ago

Okay so it is theoretically possible but is it plausible that this could be a common use-case?

Anyway, you said “it’s still the same echo chamber that all social media is” - and that statement goes far beyond using the Fediverse as an echo chamber to say that it is that way for everyone (further implication: all the time). i.e. the most command-language interpretation of your words would be that they meant that that tiny little theoretical possibility is what this place is, therefore I wanted to point out that there is so much more to consider, e.g. there are other ways to use it.