• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    323 days ago

Thank you so much for your first-hand account.

Unfortunately, the makers of this article have already gotten their clicks, and so do not care about such “facts” as might have made the point of their having shared this story with us meaningless and therefore deprived them of such clicks from a cheap easily-written story.:-( (assuming they even bothered to write it at all rather than simply farm it out to AI)

Which can make conservatives correct when they claim that “climate change isn’t real” - and point to articles like this to prove their case, which since this article may indeed be easily disprovable, emboldens them further. Which paves the way towards Trump winning the White House again.:-(

I wanted to see truthful stories about climate change from this community. I suppose technically the concept that “desert areas might expand in the future” is the truth but… not quite what I had in mind:-D. At the very least, I suspected what you confirmed: that it was mere fear-provoking BS - which under some conditions might unironically work well, but not being as unsubstantiated like this one is?