• freamon
    link
    fedilink
    English
    291 year ago

This is too much of a minefield to wade into, but I suppose if you’re on blahaj and disagree, transfer your subs to a new instance that federates with both, and you won’t notice the difference from before.

• @BettyWhiteInHD@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I don’t think it’s a minefield at all and you can see what sort of content is posted on that community to decide for yourself. There are some young looking women there, but it’s very easy to google their names and confirm they were paid age verified performers/actors/models whatever you wanna call them. Most of the content posted there are just adult looking women.

This is silly.

• @yarn@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        1 year ago

The community sidebar used the term “child-like.” That’s pretty disgusting and really disingenuous of the lemmynsfw admins to quietly change that and then pretend like nothing happened. Plus, redditors have already gone through all this with r/jailbait, so it’s not really silly to anybody who remembers that debacle.

• Mikey Mongol
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  edit-2
                  1 year ago

This is inaccurate. It did not say “childlike” at the time that Ada complained. After we got defederated, I asked a new mod of that community to update the sidebar because it was very light on rules, purpose, etc. and I thought that maybe our conflict with blahaj could have been avoided if the sidebar was more explicit about what the community was about. As part of his revision, on his first pass he copied and pasted a dictionary definition of “adorable” which included the word “childlike”, then went back and re-edited it to remove that word on a later editing pass. I want to say it was in there for about two hours? During that time, a couple of people spotted it and made some unwarranted assumptions.

• @Sentinian@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      51 year ago

That’s the beauty of the fediverse. If you disagree with your instance you can so easily pack up and move to another. Or self host.