The meme has been liked nearly 9,000 times and shared 2,400 times as of Monday. In reaction to Mr Trump’s repost, journalist Aaron Rupar sarcastically wrote on Twitter: “rubbing my last 2 brain cells together as I try to remember who ran the government on January 6.”

The former president shared the meme despite a House committee that investigated January 6 declaring Mr Trump the “central cause” of the day’s events. “None of the events of January 6th would have happened without him,” the House panel wrote in its final report.

• @missancap@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    -271 year ago

Well said. I’m not exactly fan of Trump, but it’s abundantly clear the establishment hates him. Every news outlet and social media campaign paints him negatively no matter what he does. Kamala Harris said she would not take the Covid shot because at that point it was associated with Trump, and we all saw how that changed after they took the Presidency. Every person they show supporting him is portrayed as either a dumb hillbilly and a white supremacist. It’s cartoonish, and for the established circles of power to make such over-the-top propaganda is a dead giveaway more than anything else that they want him gone.

• @btaf45@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      1 year ago

but it’s abundantly clear the establishment hates him.

Yep. The establishment elites absolutely despises that $4.5 trillion GOP tax cut that they got from Convicted Sex Offender Treason Trump. LMFAO!

is portrayed as either a dumb hillbilly

Dude, the establishment elites tricked you into giving them $4,500,000,000 $4,500,000,000,000. You knew that was going to happen. We knew that was going to happen. How idiotic can you get?

• Zeppo
        link
        fedilink
        11 year ago

$4,500,000,000

That’s only 4.5 billion. In this instance they collectively scammed $4,500,000,000,000.

• @ryry1985@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      11 year ago

Anyone in their right mind wants him gone. It’s not rocket science to see how inept and corrupt he is and has always been.