• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    2118 days ago

“This progress we’re seeing is no accident. My Administration is putting more cops on the beat, holding violent criminals accountable, and getting illegal guns off the street — and we are doing it in partnership with communities. As a result, Americans are safer today than when I took office,” Biden said in the statement.

Murders dropped by 26 percent, and robberies dropped by about 18 percent, according to the FBI data. Biden said his administration has “got to work protecting the American people,” saying that the American Rescue Plan has “delivered $15 billion to cities to hire and retain more cops and keep communities safe.”

“I took on the gun lobby and signed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act into law, the most significant gun violence legislation in nearly 30 years,” Biden said.

Damn, for the “defund the police” candidate (that’s what Rebubs claim that Dems want, in defiance of all the very many facts to the contrary) is sure “defunding” them straight into successfully being better funded!

• @OpenStars
        link
        English
        517 days ago

That’s what I’m guessing - he sounds like he’s telling the masses what they want to hear here, but wouldn’t the lowering of unemployment and raising of minimum wages to allow people alternatives to crime be a greater causes of change? But anyway he’s doing it all, and trying to reach out to the centrists here, who might actually be trying to decide between him vs. Trump, so that much at least is great.