• Veraticus
    link
    fedilink
    English
    -311 months ago

Yeah, flying to North Korea and paying the government to get a restricted and guided tour of some barbershops doesn’t really prove anything though, does it? Except that these people are apparently perfectly fine forking over good money to the DPRK to get spoon fed literal propaganda and support their tyrannical regime at the same time.

This video is shockingly disingenuous and I have serious doubts about the credibility of its authors entirely separate from the above. There is actually a difference between prison camps and prisons; that they don’t know this doesn’t make it less true. North Korea tried to invade and subjugate South Korea. The fact that both America and North Korea have nukes does not somehow excuse North Korean attempts to acquire them and terrorize South Korea and Japan. (Yes, despite the fact America has detonated them. In what sense do past American atrocities make North Korean aggression okay?)

These people need to do much more research into what’s actually going on and has been going on in North Korea. Basically it seems like standard “well anything that America sanctions must actually be awesome” contrarianism.

• mycorrhiza they/them
      link
      fedilink
      English
      311 months ago

a restricted and guided tour of some barbershops doesn’t really prove anything though, does it?

You’d think along the way they might pass a pedestrian with a Kim Jong Un haircut

• @Lenins2ndCat@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      311 months ago

Mate I don’t know if you’ve ever bothered to watch visits to NK but they’re not quite what you seem to think they are. There is a considerable amount of things that people do there, the downside being that they are all supervised.

Like, just watch some? You’re perfectly happy to swallow everything from literal propaganda outlets but you’re unwilling to actually watch first hand accounts of any visitors? You are only willing to consume things filtered through a media lens? Why?

“These people” have actually visited. You have not. You’re not even ALLOWED to visit because your government makes it illegal to. Wtf is up with that? And you’re the one that thinks you have more information than people who are not prevented from visiting and making their own minds up first hand?

The only edgelord here is the person that is vehemently calling VOA fair and unbiased while simultaneously calling the first hand accounts of actual real visitors to the country propaganda. You’re out of your mind. You’re the most propagandised person I have ever had the displeasure of talking to actually.

• Veraticus
        link
        fedilink
        English
        -111 months ago

I think it’s hilarious you’re scolding me for not considering a badly edited 20 minute video filled with total propaganda and misinformation more canonical than, you know, actual reporting about North Korea and conditions there. Irony is truly dead.

This is just tankie apologia and badly done at that. If you can’t see that you’re blind.

Why don’t you go back to Lemmygrad? Our instance is unfederated with that so we don’t have to run into idiots like you.

• @Lenins2ndCat@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          11 months ago

Yes I’m quite aware that some instances are full of authoritarians that like to restrict the speech of any political opposition to their left. Actually engaging with any arguments we make ends quite badly for you when you cite the CIA and its propaganda while we cite actual primary sources so you simply take the authoritarian position of eliminating left wing speech instead. An action Mccarthy would be proud of.

• @RobinnV
      link
      English
      edit-2
      11 months ago

deleted by creator