• @Empricorn@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    99 days ago

I’d be interested to hear how many cis people support LGBTQ+ rights. I’m a white, straight, male but I understand the fight that women, gay, and trans, etc people have had to fight for equality. I support whatever boycott they agree on…

• @nforminvasion@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    78 days ago

The article points to a concerning trend, well a couple actually.

One, companies are forgoing the pride, progressive, blm era fake support because they have crunched the numbers and realized that they don’t need to pretend anymore. Target has cut back their support significantly, and these c-suites and shareholders realize they don’t need to waste money pretending that they care. The times have shifted and a rise in right wing, fascist thinking worldwide has definitely emboldened them.

Secondly, the notion that queer liberals think that these companies ever gave two shits about them. Perhaps I’m misinterpreting the statistics and quotes in the article.

LGBTQ+ adults believe that companies can show support for the community by participating in the HRC’s Corporate Equality Index and earning a perfect score (93.5 percent), donating money to LGBTQ+ nonprofits (93 percent), and sponsoring Pride events (87.7 percent) — all of which the above companies have recently reversed their support of>

The sooner the working class realizes that these companies never gave a rats ass about them to begin, and only pretended because in years past it was profitable to do so (at least in the US), the better off we will be. The radical attitudes of young people in 2020 have shriveled away into a vague American liberalism which believes the status quo is just fine.

Maybe I completely overreacted or my biases are reading for me. But when I see stuff like this, I feel this uneasy feeling. Open to responses and thoughts.

• @ravhall
    link
    English
    69 days ago

Starbuck also believes, among other things, that chemicals turn children LGBTQ+ and that the COVID-19 vaccinecaused beloved *Friends *actor Matthew Perry’s death (neither are true).

so none of you do a double take, this is ROBBY Starbuck, and he does not make coffee.