• FiveMacs
    link
    fedilink
    English
    -78 days ago

And people find it odd that I refuse to do their job and order my own food/ring up my groceries.

• FiveMacs
        link
        fedilink
        English
        38 days ago

Parking lot? Only if there’s a cart corral thing. Typically I just use a hand basket though.

• @Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          07 days ago

Look at this clown carrying their groceries around for free. I demand the shop do it, like they used to!

• @Wogi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      158 days ago

I’ve always found this to be such a strange hill to die on. I remember standing in line for 10-20 minutes at cash registers and having to guess at which line would be the fastest. Self check out lines might extend in to the produce section but I’ve never stood in one for longer than 5 minutes.

• FiveMacs
        link
        fedilink
        English
        38 days ago

It’s not a hill, I’d just rather talk to humans. My daily life does not have much interaction with people. Have minimal friends. It’s my only source of society other then whatever the heck this is rn. I haven’t even felt physical human contact until yesterday when someone touched my shoulder.

I also have so much Free time, time is literally meaningless to me.

• @OpenStars
      link
      English
      38 days ago

I encourage you to do what you want - dare to hold onto what you enjoy! Plus, give it a decade and it will even become “cool” again, like people will do it purely as volunteers, and brag about how “vintage” their lifestyle is.