• ADandHD@lemmy.sdf.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 days ago

Arguably. Though I could just use a hole in the ground. I’d say the sink is a close second. If I was in the wilderness and I needed to choose one though, I’d choose the toilet paper.

• rocketpoweredredneck@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 days ago

My job occasionally takes me out into middle of nowhere unmanned industrial facilities. I keep a roll of toilet paper in a plastic coffee can, because these facilities usually don’t have facilities.

• Smoogs@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 days ago

Depends on purpose. We’re complex creatures. Sometimes we need food. Sometimes we need to stay warm. sometimes we need to battle the dark thoughts in our head.

• buzz86us@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

These little USB light bulb things… They were like a nickel each and I use them with my power banks and when I just need a light

• blackstrat@lemmy.fwgx.uk
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 days ago

Depends what you want to do.

Want to sit? The chairs. Want to see? The lights. Want to not fall under the building? The floor. Want to get out? The door. Want to swim? The pool. Want to get out of the pool? The ladder. Want to get changed? The changing room. Want to warm the room? The heater.

• gerryflap@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 days ago

Uhhhh. Probably the fridge. Maybe the microwave/oven combi, but the microwave no longer works so it’s a bit less useful. If you purely look at the basics of survival then those would probably do it. Maybe the heaters, because surviving in a cold room is also pretty shit.

You could also argue that the smartphone I’m typing this on or the laptop are the most useful. It really comes down to semantics of “useful”.

• AA5B@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 days ago

My iPad. I can not only doom scroll Lemmy, but keep up on news, read, play music or video, consume all the worlds knowledge. Also I can order food or anything really