Donald Trump claims to have been to Gaza despite no evidence of visit | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Asked by Hewitt if Gaza could be transformed into Monaco if properly rebuilt, Trump replied:

"It could be better than Monaco. It has the best location in the Middle East, the best water, the best everything. It’s got, it is the best, I’ve said it for years. I’ve been there, and it’s rough. It’s a rough place … before all of the attacks and before the back and forth what’s happened over the last couple of years. I mean, they have the back of a plant facing the ocean, you know. There was no ocean as far as that was concerned. They never took advantage of it. You know, as a developer, it could be the most beautiful place – the weather, the water, the whole thing, the climate. It could be so beautiful. It could be the best thing in the Middle East.”

• InevitableSwing [none/use name]@hexbear.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 days ago

Prime Real Estate Gaza

Trump’s mental process is sometimes transparent. Somebody says something on Fox News and the Trump paraphrases it about an hour later. But in this case god only knows what the cause was. My wild hunch is that a few hours before he was on the show somebody might have mentioned to Trump that Gaza is prime real estate. And Trump was fixated on that. Maybe he even started dreaming of a TRUMP branded hotel there. And during the show he had prime Gaza real estate on the brain. He convinced himself that he’s been there so he knows what’s what and he’s knowledgeable.

• smokebuddy [he/him]@lemmy.today
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 days ago

the current hurricane had cable news bring back Trump’s quote about how climate change gives more ocean-front real estate, could have been from that?

• InevitableSwing [none/use name]@hexbear.netOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 days ago

Maybe. But I think Trump tends to parrot more concrete information so Florida to Gaza seems like a stretch. But I’m talking out of my ass here. Nobody knows what’s really happening in the soup of Trump’s brainpan.