Naturalist remedies are popular in China. So I figure fungus(LSD and shrooms) and weed could be among the first psychedelics that will be legally distributed. I have no idea how far in the future.

• Frank [he/him, he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 days ago

Weed is fun, shrooms are mostly harmless, fun.

Recreation for recreation’s sake. There’ no real justification for banning many recreational drugs but allowing alcohol. Alcohol is overwhelmingly more destructive than most recreation drugs.

• someone [comrade/them, they/them]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 days ago

The only good thing Justin Trudeau ever did on his own was force full legalization down the throats of other legislators. I’m rather annoyed that I have him to thank for the existence of regulated stores carrying products that went through quality control.

• TerribleHands [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        5 days ago

But politically why would China suddenly reverse their very strict anti-drug policy? If anything it’s been trending stricter over the past decade, an about-turn would just be odd.

• Frank [he/him, he/him]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 days ago

I dont thknk they would, but tjere’s no good reason most drugs to be illegal, especialy if alcohol is you standard for social amd individual harm

• Sausage [none/use name]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 days ago

Idk shrooms and weed can induce psychotic episodes, so I wouldn’t say they’re mostly harmless all drugs come with risks and downsides. Is banning and criminalising them the right idea? No, but pretending they’re harmless isn’t the way to go either.