• Nollij@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 hours ago

It’s a numbers game. There are WAY more Jewish people in the US than there are Arabs (~7.5 vs 3.5 million, according to a quick Google search).

Strategically, those Jewish voters are also more likely to switch to a Republican vote than the Arabs, regardless. It would take 2 Arabs (or any other Democratic voter) sitting out to counter a single Democratic voter switching to a Republican vote.

Granted, none of this accounts for voter locations (because only the 7 swing states matter), voter enthusiasm, claims of national security, or (most importantly of all) ethics.

• Nollij@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 hour ago

I agree. That was an additional detail that I did not cover, as I wanted to keep it relatively simple. I expect that the anti-Netanyahu Jewish voters are unlikely to switch to voting Trump, given that the latter is firmly and openly pro-genocide.

• kobra@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 hours ago

Not at the expense of democracy, at least I hope. There is no other option this year.

• geneva_convenience@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 hours ago

Everything can be justified in this way.

“Adolf Hitler identified he needed to blame all problems on Jews. And systematically put them in concentration camps. This was a political move necessary to advance his career and appeal to voters.”

• Nollij@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

To be clear, at no point was I trying to justify any actions. My only goal was to explain the strategic path that would lead to it. And of course there are additional nuances, which I alluded to at the end.

Besides, a winning strategy is not an indicator of ethics.