Of course it is. Why at this point does this surprise me.

That God would ask this of someone. As a fucking test el-mao.

“Hey. Sacrifice your son.” “Ok stop! Just chill man it was a test. You passed. Yes, I gave you free will, but still want you to lick my boots. Just of your own free will.”

Serve me peasants.

Sounds like a god id love to meet! /S

• some_guy@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 hours ago

The god of the old testament is a fucking asshole. Early christians wondered if the god that Jesus worshipped was a higher god than the one from the Torah. This line of thought was wiped out as heresy after the council of Nicea or Nicene Creed. You can verify it by reading the works of early christian apologists arguing against it.

• Landsharkgun@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    23 hours ago

Please do not use AI slop to try to prove any point, ever. Just go read the actual source, it’s not hard.

• propter_hog [any, any]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      19 hours ago

Ok I get your point, but in this case it was just quoting from some religious website or something. It’s not hard to fact check. I think they just posted the screenshot because it was a quick answer to the question.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 hours ago

AI doesn’t answer questions. It has no concept of what is correct. It is a more complicated autocorrect trained on every bit of bullshit the Internet has ever spit out. You could post a mosaic of random reddit comments vaguely related to the topic and get an answer precisely as authoritative.

• propter_hog [any, any]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 hours ago

I agree. You are not wrong. But in this one case it’s easy to see that it’s just quoting from some christian website somewhere that wrote on the subject. Anyone with a background in christianity can quickly verify that it’s a good answer. That’s the only point that I was trying to make.

• DisgracefuloneOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      18 hours ago

I did did make sure it was in fact in the Bible before I “posted what AI said” so relax. Lol.

Don’t tell me what pictures I can and can’t post with to make a point just because you don’t like AI. God you “AI bad” people are getting on my nerves the last few weeks. Go bug someone who’s trying to use chatgpt sourcing to win a debate or some shit lol.

What I said wasn’t false and the AI pic isn’t hurting anyone except you. Sowwy.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 hours ago

If it was actually there then just post that. A bunch of random comments on a decrepit forum has exactly as much accuracy as LLMs do. I don’t care what pictures you post, I care that you’re presenting random garbage as anything meaningful.

• tobogganablaze@lemmus.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        16 hours ago

Who knows? Maybe it’s spot on, maybe it’s completly made up. You won’t know until you check a proper source.

• GBU_28@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          15 hours ago

Right, but in this case, we all know from general knowledge what was provided was sufficient.

That said, I agree the proper way to use any such tools is to follow the links and verify for yourself

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            15 hours ago

The info provided is either superfluous (because it is general knowledge) or useless (because if you don’t know if it’s true, the AI answer doesn’t help because you can’t be sure if THAT is true). So really it’s pointless either way.

The proper way to use such tools is to remove the section from the google result with uBlock or switch to the “web” tab on results.

• GBU_28@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              15 hours ago

But to your original, it’s a generally accurate response, where as the bible is anything but

Edit the point isn’t are ai tools very useful, it’s are they more successful at accuracy then the bible. I’d say they sure fucking are

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                15 hours ago

I’m not that sure.

Also at least the Bible’s bullshit is finite while AI will continue to produce more.

• DisgracefuloneOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 day ago

That was a good one. I was watching the show “preacher” and they kind of did a skit of their own on it. So I had to look it up to see if it was true lol

• Jyek@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 hours ago

This is not me saying you’re wrong because I don’t think you are, but as a fun thought experiment, I know the argument for this from the theologist perspective. There’s quite a lot of philosophy behind it.

Being both omniscient and omnipotent simultaneously would require a totally different perspective of time. God would need to be an observer to all that is, was and will be at once as if you were looking at a painting. But to make changes to that painting, if you will, God would need to enter time to interact with the people of his creation to make things so.

You have this sort of chicken and egg situation as a result. While God theoretically knows Abraham is faithful, he knows Abraham is faithful through the trials of Abraham which God would have had to perform to know what he knows. So in effect, God knows the result of these actions before hand, but the actions still must occur, otherwise God would not know.

I don’t have time or the memory to drive deeper into this discussion but I remember this was a very long discussion I had during my theology studies before I left the church.

• Maturin [any]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 day ago

Wait until you read the part where Abraham comes down from the mountain and goes back to the city but does not have Isaac with him anymore (because he actually did sacrifice him in at least one of the biblical sources).