ID: A Sophie Labelle 4 panel comic featuring Stephie in different poses, saying:

Landlords do not provide housing.

They buy and Hold more space than they need for themselves.

Then, they create a false scarcity and profit off of it.

What they’re doing is literally the opposite of providing housing.

• dwindling7373@feddit.it
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    5 hours ago

Let me help you.

The comic, as many other do, revolves around the final panel where the character portrayed wandering in a state of frustration comes to the somewhat paradoxical conclusion that landlords, that supposedly provide housing, do the opposite.

It’s political, but also plays on the relatableness of the situation and has a certain quirky dinamicity to it, with changes of location, gesturing and inbalanced poses.

Its effect on some people is best summaryzed as “it’s funny because it’s true”.

• hex@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 hours ago

It’s 4 sentences with a hard hitting message. This doesn’t need to be in a comic 🤪

• hex@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 hours ago

Oh, I mean you’re not wrong. Let me adjust my message:

I dislike this comic, not because of the message, but because it is in the form of a comic. Personally, I think it’s gimmicky and unnecessary to put this message in a comic. Though, I understand that the person trying to get this message out might use comics as their main platform, which then brings me to understand and respect their decision. Still, the comic adds nothing to the message, and that was my original point.