ID: A Sophie Labelle 4 panel comic featuring Stephie in different poses, saying:

Landlords do not provide housing.

They buy and Hold more space than they need for themselves.

Then, they create a false scarcity and profit off of it.

What they’re doing is literally the opposite of providing housing.

• mostdubious@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 hour ago

property management and real estate firms are an affront to humanity, but i would like to point out that not all of us come to own more property than we need through greedy schemes. my parents bought a lot of real estate in the 90’s to be able to house their loved ones. my mother almost single-handedly provided housing for my grandmother, my aunts, my cousin, my step brothers, and myself even.

as they have passed on, i have either rented or sold that property to other friends and family at very reasonable prices. there is no single act that is inherently evil. there is no one size fits all label. our individual actions and intentions define us.

EDIT: just wanted to point out to the downvoter that she did this as a factory worker earning minimum wage. she was not then nor is she now rich by any metric. she still lives in a shitty neighborhood in MS. she sacrificed her luxury to help others she cared about.

EDIT 2: although i am pretty hard core leftist, i find my peers to be pretty insufferable. there is a reason that most centrists get turned off by you people. most of you would rather virtue signal than think critically.