• TachyonTele@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 day ago

Actually most experts no longer think the dinosaurs became extinct from a meteor hitting earth. That theory was based on a misunderstanding of the geological past. There’s pretty much a consensus now that the mass extinction was caused by your mom sitting down.

• JasonDJ@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 hours ago

The meteor didn’t kill most of them.

Some were killed by the tsunamis it produced. Or shockwaves. But I don’t think many were killed by the meteor itself.

Most were killed by the sand that kicked up in the atmosphere all over the world, then fell back down as a rain of glass.

The rest either succumbed to strict competition when the sky went dark and starved, or evolved into chickens.

Seriously guys, spend an afternoon with a backyard farmer and just watch their chickens. They are little cute dinosaurs. Watch them run together, or hunt in packs. Watch their little talons stretch out as they step…clearly Spieldberg’s inspiration for the T-Rex footprint scene. Hell, if I’m a little late with breakfast, they’ll surround me and start pecking at me! Like I’m the food!

• SkyeStarfall@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 hours ago

Okay but if you get hit and die from the shrapnel of a grenade, I won’t say that you died of blood loss, or from shrapnel, but not from the grenade directly. I will just say “killed by a grenade”