As a regular user of Piped, it got very annoying when Google blocked almost all the public instances. As even Invidious is affected, I decided to run Piped on my local machine with my residential IP, so that it won’t get blocked so easily.
To make the process of running such an instance as easy as possible for me and also other Piped enjoyers, I created LocalPiped, a project to deploy all the server components via AppImage.

You can download prebuild AppImages here.
For a description on how to make the database persistent, see the README in the Repository.

Please be aware, that most of the privacy-advantages do not apply anymore, as the application has to run via your own IP.
This also means that you might need split-tunneling if you use a VPN.

It is also possible, to use the application on an Android Phone:

1. you need Termux
  2. in Termux, install PRoot Distro
  3. with PRoot Distro, install Fedora: proot-distro install fedora
  4. switch into Fedora: pd sh fedora
  5. update packages and install wget and java-21: dnf update; dnf install wget java-21-openjdk-headless
  6. download the AppImage: wget -O LocalPiped.appimage https://projects.chocolatecakecodes.goip.de/blued_gear/localpiped/-/package_files/16/download
  7. make it executable: chmod +x ./LocalPiped.appimage
  8. extract the contents of the AppImage (as it is not possible to use fuse in normal Termux): ./LocalPiped.appimage --appimage-extract && mv squashfs-root LocalPiped && rm LocalPiped.appimage
  9. run it: cd LocalPiped; ./AppRun