I feel like I’ve tried everything available in all the stores, at the shoe stores, I’ve bought the “good” ones off Amazon, the DUBEFWEE style brands too.

They all break or deform within a year, I can’t take it

• viking@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 hours ago

Leather slippers (or loafers, think they are called differently in some locations) don’t have laces you could possibly loosen.

Hiking boots and winter shoes are often challenging to put on due to the rigid ankle support.

Other shoes such as Converse and the likes get really worn out and flimsy on the heel, to the point where trying to slip in without support will just wrinkle them up.

Some people are unable to bend down properly due to knee or hip issues, etc.

Shoehorns make life easier for almost everyone. I’ve been using them for 20+ years and wouldn’t miss it.

• ikilledlaurapalmer@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

lol I feel like I’m living in a different planet. I’ve got leather loafers. I just pull the on with my finger—never considered they a tn be a problem. Boots, umm, have laces. I also wear sneakers—the only ones that have a crumpled back are those that I’ve knowingly abused by making them effectively slip ons (not untying the laces).