I’ll go first. After your turn the water off in the shower but before you get out, use your hands to wipe off any standing water on your body. Maybe even give your legs a bit of a shake. This way, you won’t drip nearly as much when you get out, keeping the floor and your towel drier.

• Benjaben@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 hours ago

Must be satisfying, having the pond you built part of the experience too. I’m just stumbling into the realization that I’m probably going to be in one place for a long time, for the first time, and if my luck continues the WFH will too. In other words I’m realizing I need to widen my scope for how to enjoy my home, to a longer term and to things like that.

• Zink@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      20 hours ago

Definitely. And even doing the maintenance chores for pond upkeep is a meditative exercise most of the time. Things like cleaning filters. Obviously feeding the fish is an everyday positive. I keep the food container under my big chair out there.

I’m also in a similar situation where I have been in the same place for a long time, and I expect it to stay that way. It’s ideally located and we’ve made it our nice place to be, pond included.