• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 hours ago

I have been told multiple times on Lemmy, including this morning, that Harris and Trump would be exactly the same when it came to queer rights and women’s rights but at least Republicans are honest about it.

It’s mind-boggling.

• Breezy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 hours ago

I have a cousin, whos kinda weird, but he comments like that hoping to be picked up as a up incoming republican by the true government. Fuck years who his mom and i were drinking in the middle of trumps term, and she says… that he will make a great general when the next civil war comes…

These crazy posters probably have a similar mind set. Its honestly revolting.

• beanlink@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      6 hours ago

Yeah the amount of gas lighting and mental gymnastics is astounding. I stopped wasting energy listening to these clowns. Just call them for what they are and disengage and place a mirror in front of them so they can gaslight themselves.

• glitchdx@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 hours ago

I mostly just hear screeching about genocide (but only when criticizing democrats, never about republicans). I’ve noticed that I’ve started racking up bans on various communities for calling out such bad-faith arguments.

• mightyfoolish@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

You got banned from a vegan community and a left-wing meme community. Did you really get banned from a vegan community because “screeching about genocide?”

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 hours ago

Meanwhile, I’m talking to someone right now elsewhere who is coming very close to saying that the way to stop the genocide of Palestinians is a genocide of Israelis. I’m curious to see if they are actually going to go that far.

People have some severely fucked up morals regarding the genocide in Gaza.