I’m building a new controller “10ft” gaming PC for my living room. The CPU is a Ryzen 5 3600X and the motherboard is Asus ROG Strix X570-I. I have never done a Linux-based gaming PC before and I want everything to “just work” as best as possible.

I assume this means go with Bazzite and an AMD gpu? Anything else I need to be aware of? As I said the goal after configuring is for it to be entirely controller-controlled (8bitdo ultimate and DS4).

• zhenbo_endle@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    14 hours ago

I had a quick view at this post : https://www.reddit.com/r/radeon/comments/157qa6c/rx_6600_or_rx_6700_xt_for_1080p/

It seems to me that 6700xt is much stronger than 6600. More expensive, too. Personally, I would pay some extra money 6700xt, but it depends on OP’s budget and game preference.

I’d suggest OP to consider several factors:

1. Is the game you’re playing CPU-intensive? aka Will your 3600X be the bottleneck if you have a powerful GPU?
    2. Do you have a 4K/1440p monitor?
    • KazuchijouNo@lemy.lol
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

I have a 1080p monitor and I’m planning on mostly playing things like minetest morrowind, jrpg’s and such. I might also try to learn blender