Moi? I use currently a NOTE 20 ultra 5g. Probably my second best phone, I only hate the fact it’s so massive (I miss being able to use just one hand for my phone) and the mediocre battery life for someone like me that watches a lot of videos. But the S pen is so handy those few times you need it.

• Sunshine @lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 hour ago

This cherry phone with a physical keyboard from the Philippines that allowed you to watch television using an antenna in the top right. However it sadly stopped booting for me.

• shapis@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 hours ago

iPhone 16 pro. Too early to tell but this might be my favorite ever.

Previous ones I also really enjoyed were all nexus or pixels but they all inevitably shit themselves after a couple years of use. Most recent one pixel 7 just decided it was gonna drain 6% battery per hour while idling out of nowhere. And nothing I tried fixed it. And I tried a lot.

• CookieOfFortune@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 hours ago

iPhone 15 Pro and Pixel 6 for work. They’re both fine. Does phone things. Wish the battery life on the iPhone were better though.

• ikidd@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      39 minutes ago

This is what I have going, and I too wish it had wireless charging. But overall, just a fine phone and not ridiculously huge.

• scops@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 hours ago

The phone or the OS? Hardware wise, my only gripe is the lack of wireless charging. I use an aftermarket plug to add it, but it doesn’t put the charge pad quite in the right place, so I sometimes have to put it upside down. It also means the USB-C port is always occupied. That isn’t a huge deal for me as I like to use plugs to keep dust out anyway

Software wise, I’m still running regular Android. I don’t like that there’s no Gallery app. You have to use Google Photos. That coupled with the fact that .nomedia files don’t seem to work mean that the app shows ALL photos on your phone, including some you might want to keep private.

Other than that though, I’m pretty happy with it. Just upgraded mine to 15.

• spankinspinach@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 hours ago

Would this be an overly complex process for those with only some tinkering experience (e.g., I’ve got Linux on my laptop and have a general sense of how terminal/tilix works)? I’ve read the docs but can’t get a sense of the complexity

• missingno@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 hours ago

Currently a Galaxy S9+. Battery life isn’t the best anymore, and I’m running low on internal storage, but it’s still serving me well. I’m not even sure what I’d upgrade to, I really need the SD slot that almost nothing new has anymore.

Best was my old Motorola Droid 2, I miss slide-out keyboards so damn badly.

• Know_not_Scotty_does@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 hours ago

Sony Xperia 5 V

Great camera, small size, excellent battery life, removable storage, IP rated, and has a headphone jack. The only thing it is missing is a removable battery.

• seaQueue@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 hours ago

Currently using a OnePlus 9 Pro. Best phone I’ve used? The OnePlus 5t, hands down. Slightly wider aspect ratio in portrait orientation, great screen, camera and fingerprint reader for its day and fantastic 3rd party ROM selection.

• SolidGrue@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 hours ago

Seconded! My 5T was the best phone I’ve ever carried. I carry the OP11 5G these days and I’ve been really happy with it, but overall I prefer the size and weight of the 5T.

• Paradachshund@lemmy.today
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 hours ago

I recently got an Asus zenfone 10. I usually buy midrange phones but this time I couldn’t find a good one. I like small phones, and they seem to be an endangered species these days. This one also has a headphone jack which is nice.

• originalucifer@moist.catsweat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 hours ago

cheapest. there hasnt been an innovation since they added bluetooth i care or need.

my phone is [generally] not used for content consumption, i have real machines for that.

• 0ops@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 hours ago

The OnePlus 7t back when it was on oxygen os 10. Great hardware, perfect software. It was the first phone I got where I didn’t need or want to flash a custom rom. Unfortunately, every software update that it got since then felt like a downgrad. After oxygen os 10, oxygen os and Oppo’s color os have been going through something of a merge. The result is that oxygen os is no longer as stock-like as it used to be and lots of small convenience features have disappeared in favor of flashy yet useless-to-me features. I have an 8t now and it’s fine but I don’t think that I’ll get another OnePlus.