I had to burn vacation days before June 30, as I had built up too many over the pandemic (since travel was restricted), so I visited my son up in Oregon. I was walking around downtown, and walked into The Shutterbug, an esteemed camera shop that’s been around for quite a while. I ended up walking out with a new Canon R5 (I’ve been saving up for a while), so I took it for a spin at the famous Portland rose garden.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

So beautiful. I have some photos from some gardens in France I need to post. Looks like you wen there at the perfect time.

• biffnixOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thank you. I’ve been there before, but never really timed it right, and so missed the prime blooming season. But going in June turned out to be excellent timing. It is an incredible garden when everything is blooming as it was when I was there. Just lucky.

Please do post your photos from France! I have some from Monet’s garden in Giverny when my wife and I visited a few years ago that turned out well. I’d love to see yours.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I’ll post them in a day or two. Got a lot of work to get done first then I can really go through them… I have a lot of photos haha.