Hi I’m from hello, how are you?

Well I guess it would be more “good morning” than hello…

Ohio gozaimasu~ inside-im-crying

• keepcarrot [she/her]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I was targeted pretty severely with anti-Japanese racism in Australia in the 90s. This was, simultaneously, coupled with the rise in popularity of anime (particularly before school). I was banned from watching TV, so this made me weirder. I distanced myself a lot from my Japanese heritage to seem less Japanese. It seems regrettable now, but I’m not going to blame a 6 year old for coming to that decision (which I didn’t consciously, I gradually moved away over k-6). Looking back, it was not the sole cause of bullying. I was a weird, shaky, obviously abused kid. The race stuff just made it worse.

• Flower [she/her]@hexbear.netOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

That’s gross to hear niko-cri

I hope you are in a better place now meow-hug

If not you can come be weird and traumatised with me palestine-strong

• keepcarrot [she/her]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I’m reminded of the “kill the indian, save the man” movement, which probably wound up costing the settler colonial state a bunch of money as it generated severely traumatised lower caste race people that no one wants to hire.

Of all the things, I’m probably middle on that one. This is the weird traumatised communist house.

• Flower [she/her]@hexbear.netOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

I’d argue in the case of anyone who doesn’t fit the cit het white majority, they never wanted to save anyone.

They’ll force us to suicide or make the material conditions of our society so hostile and reactionary someone else will do the job.

They never wanted to hire us, they just can’t admit they want rid of us.