I have the latest DL of PS, but apparently the AI generative fill is only available in the Beta version. Is it worth searching for or do I just have to wait till it’s released officially and then made available?

• EuphoricPenguin@normalcity.life
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Using SD with ControlNet’s inpainting model or some of the older inpainting fine-tuned SD models yields similar (if not better) results. If you can’t run that locally, a Colab is workable. I think there might also be some open-source or at least free Photoshop add-ons to link up with A1111, but I could be wrong. Assuming you could get A111 working in a Colab or locally with one of those add-ons, that is probably the best hacked-together alternative I can think of. I don’t think generative fill is like some of the smaller ML models that could run locally in earlier versions of Photoshop; you’d probably have to buy a grey-market CC account to get access to generative fill. At that point, Colab is probably easier and cheaper (free) if you can tolerate setting it up periodically.