• AutoTL;DRB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    19 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Addressing the annual Tory party conference today, Mr Sunak also promised to restrict the availability of vapes under plans to "put the next generation first".

Read More:Rishi Sunak confirms northern leg from Birmingham to Manchester will be scrappedSunak says nobody wants an election - the truth is he can't risk one | Beth Rigby

Ministers have faced repeated calls to ban vapes to help protect children and reduce the significant environmental impact of the single-use products.

It commissioned a review, published last June and led by Dr Javed Khan, which made a series of recommendations, including increasing the legal age for buying tobacco.

Cancer Research UK's chief executive Michelle Mitchell said: "Raising the age of sale on tobacco products is a critical step on the road to creating the first ever smoke-free generation."

"Future generations of adults who are considered old enough to vote, pay taxes, drive a car and drink alcohol are going to be treated like children and denied the right to buy a product that can be purchased legally by people a year older than them."

The original article contains 665 words, the summary contains 179 words. Saved 73%. I'm a bot and I'm open source!