I have wrinkles, I have grey hair, I have back problems, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, I can’t remember anything, the world seems confusing and complicated to me now and I wish things were simpler (which is why I like Lemmy). I definitely don’t get kids today or their music.

How am I so old?

• BettyWhiteInHD@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Sounds harsh, but this is the truth.

Make an effort to stay engaged with new stuff coming out whether it’s new music or shows or tech even if you think it’s silly, make an effort to constantly learn new things through hobbies, spend time with people of different ages and make an effort to eat a little better and move around a little bit more and you’ll be alright. Yeah things start falling apart a bit, but that’s normal and OK. It’s not OK to facilitate it even further by giving up and settling in and not growing and not doing things outside of your comfort zone.

I’ve watched my parents become old for their age and physically and mentally degrade, become scared and bitter about everything and insulate themselves from just about anything new because things were better when they were younger and I’m not going to do the same. I don’t want to be an old person that can’t use whatever technology is common 40 years from now, constantly complaining about the yutes. It’s stupid and counterproductive.