• hexaflexagonbear [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

That seems like a return to the norm. 21% is a lot of people to use what pre-Tinder was an old person activity. When I was young (chomsky-yes-honey) using a dating app when you’re like under 30 was considered weird. Imo when you’re young and actively socializing constantly it doesn’t make much sense to use an app for dating.

• edge [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Imo when you’re young and actively socializing constantly it doesn’t make much sense to use an app for dating.

haha yeah, I’m definitely actively socializing…

• YearOfTheCommieDesktop [they/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I’m talking out my ass here but it doesn’t feel to me like young people have returned to socializing and finding dates mostly in-person. Or at least, it doesn’t feel like the amount of IRL fraternizing going on has correspondingly increased to match the headline stat. Though the group of uni students is relatively small and self-selecting so maybe

• Vampire [any]@hexbear.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Well, yeah, that’s what I thought (I’m 378 years old) but I’m surprised Gen Z agree with you and me

• Mardoniush [she/her]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I have thus far managed to avoid the hell of the dating app and I hope to never, ever, have to resort to it. it does help that as a communist I am so very very attractive.