The consumption is the point. They just want candy not a meal. They want fucking marvelslop not Cinema.

Inb4 let people enjoy things, the mindset on display is a perfect member of capitalist society. A mindless consumption machine.

• WithoutFurtherRelay [they/them, she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Which is why “let people enjoy things” is a meaningless statement when separated from its original context, which is people insulting randos over random shit, which is exactly what is happening here.

It got perverted and used for generic treat defense, as all things eventually do, and of course was rendered completely meaningless in the process, but this does not justify the behavior of attacking those who do not deserve it, instead merely demonstrating how depraved liberals are and to what stretches they will go to prevent their blatant fascist tendencies from being unveiled.

When viewed through this lense, almost all modern usage of this term (notably except the top level comment you replied to) is completely meaningless.

But in this case, it is actually being used in its original intention, or, if it is not it’s original intention (idk I’m no internet history expert), it’s at least being used in a novel and unique way.

This is not “treat defense”. Me and the top level content have no treats they are even defending. Instead, it is “treat criticism”, a criticism of the “treat” of attacking and berating internet randos for no reason. That is a legitimate criticism, and is not a thought terminating cliche. It is a legitimate concern over the absurd toxicity present.

• UlyssesT [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

which is people insulting randos over random shit

Unlike your very different action of totally not insulting me here.

The difference between insulting people and insulting media is like super clear and conflating the two is really stupid???

https://hexbear.net/comment/4232675

This is not “treat defense”.

No, it is. Your treat was criticized and you’re blowing up all over this thread about it.