Recently figured out that sometimes ppl r kinda indifferent to small donations (Like a couple euros) so I wanna know if that’s just a minority thing? Excluding popular streamers or whatevs here

• @youhavemykeys
    link
    21 year ago

personally for my project i would much rather have 100 $1 donations than 1 $100 donation because that would feel better and hopefully be much more stable and repeatable especially on my patreon

• @Pechente@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    11 year ago

You mean receiving small donations or giving out small donations?

I do both since I got an app on the App Store, I set it up so that people can give me small tips. It makes around 150€ / year and I definitely appreciate the support. The biggest issue with this is that every now and then people send a tip and expect me to implement whatever feature it is that they want. This will of course not happen since 10€ don’t make up for a day of dev time.

Giving out small donations is also something I do on a regular basis, like supporting creators on Patreon and Github. It really doesn’t impact me financially and if more people would do it, we could definitely have a more diverse and interesting app / creator culture.

• CyberCatBytesOP
      link
      fedilink
      11 year ago

I meant giving

And wth that sounds so annoying?? If anything I’d rather have devs spend mine on smth nice like a coffee if they wanna cos it’s well deserved

It’d rly be great if more ppl could cos especially the FOSS community is important (Shoutout to the Live Captions app for Linux that helps me deal w/ my horrible auditory processing)

GIMME THE APP LINK BTW I WANNA SEE