In a quest for truly stupid levels of precision, I’ve purchased this fantastic little angle finder. I want to securely mount it to a picatinny rail without having to create a custom mount. Are there universal mounts that attach to picatinny and just clamp down on anything you put in them?

I mean, I’m sure there are, but for some reason I’m struggling to search for them. Here’s a link to the tool for dimensions and whatnot:

Magnetic Digital Angle Finder - Compact LED Digital Angle Gauge & Level Tool - Measures 0-360 Degree Ranges - Essential Woodworking, Electrical, Plumbing & Carpenter Tools https://a.co/d/20KHzQo

• @Herbert_WM
    link
    21 year ago

A picatinny phone mount might be a good starting point - two adjustable mounts of the same type, one at either end of the angle finder, should hold it perfectly flat relative to the rail.

• AliOP
      link
      11 year ago

That’s the closest thing I could find as well, though at that point I’d just get something 3D printed. I’m just baffled that something like this doesn’t already exist. It would just need to be a vise with a picatinny rail.