• ThrowawayOnLemmy
    link
    fedilink
    English
    296 months ago

I like it. But moving from act 2 to act 3 for me was like hitting a wall. I had to put the game down for a while and while I’ve come back to it several times, I still haven’t actually finished act 3 or come close to it yet.

This game is just massive and the pacing from act 2 to act 3 is a big change.

• bbbbbbbbbbb
      link
      fedilink
      English
      186 months ago

Theres just so much to do in act 3 that i cant just let plotlines stall before moving on to the final moments

• @RGB3x3@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      6 months ago

I just got to act 3 and that exposition dump after act 2 felt pretty overwhelming and it does feel like a wall. The transition was stressful and really frantic between all the dialogue and the like 5 big fights in a row.

But I’m sure the rest of the act is just fine, but it’ll be hard to push through that wall.

• @iheartneopets@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      76 months ago

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels like this! I couldn’t put my finger on it, but I also hit a wall in act 3. I love the game and all it has to offer, but I feel like so much was crammed into act 3 that it just felt really dense. I hate to use the word ‘slog’, because it’s obvious that everything has had a lot of thought and care put into it, but in that way maybe it’s just too much all at once?

• @HorseRabbit@lemmy.sdf.org
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    16 months ago

This whole article is just saying “some people don’t like act three. What do you think? Leave a comment bellow”.

So low effort

• @Quexotic@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    -386 months ago

I don’t even like act 1, none of my save games load without hanging the game.

Poor UX. Literally unplayable.

link
        fedilink
        English
        -16 months ago

It’s a known issue with multiplayer on the PS5. I haven’t looked into it in a couple of weeks because I’ve had other things I had to deal with and have kept me from gaming but I plan to look into it again soon.

It could definitely still be a me issue. It could be some sort of weird corruption with the save gamer something like that. I’m really not looking forward to trashing the entire safe game and starting the game over though.

• @Luci@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      56 months ago

Are you running it on a potato? I’ve been playing on a steam deck with zero issues.

link
        fedilink
        English
        06 months ago

PS5 actually. It’s apparently a known issue and apparently it’s isolated to the PS5 because it has something to do with the second players game not loading right when you’re playing multiplayer couch co-op.

• @DashboTreeFrog
      link
      English
      36 months ago

I had game save/hanging issues at first too, but figured out it was the cloud saving that was making the game hang. I turned off both the Larian cloud saves and Steam and then the game worked smoothly for me.

• @DashboTreeFrog
          link
          English
          26 months ago

Hope it works! I do see with a brief search that there was apparently some kind of cross saving bug for PS5 and looking at headlines only Larian seems to have done something about it at least

• @1984@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      English
      16 months ago

I have just watched a few YouTube vids about the game and I don’t get why it’s so popular. If they had a demo, I would try it though.

link
        fedilink
        English
        16 months ago

I’ve played it and still don’t understand the popularity. It’s neat that you can do just about anything to just about anyone… You can kill major plot characters if you want, steal shit and get sent to jail… I dunno.

I just hope that next time I try to load a game, it doesn’t hang the game. I’d like to continue playing it.

I definitely didn’t get my money’s worth!