Is there any plan to fix that . Does that mean our deleted posts and coments are really not deleted from server or is it something like will take time but will eventually get deleted . Is this issue aldready adressed ? Using jerboa btw.

EDIT : Is it a jerboa issue or lemmy’s anyway can someone with a github account open up an issue i don’t have one . I think it’s a lemmy issue because there are other apps with the same issue and a malfunctioning app can’t do that if lemmy didn’t have the problem in the first place. And i can even read a deleted users whole comment history .

• Dessalines
    link
    fedilink
    English
    95 months ago

Open up an issue for this on the jerboa repo if you would.

• walden
      link
      fedilink
      English
      95 months ago

I see similar behavior in the Eternity app, so I don’t think it’s specific to Jerboa.

• @THEDAEMON@lemmy.mlOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        65 months ago

Yeah i think it’s lemmy issie but i still can’t do anything coz lemmy is also on github

• @InquisitiveApathy@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          55 months ago

Just to add to what Daemon provided in the post, aside from hitting the comment button you can also hit the ‘view source’ option from the comment drop-down menu in Jerboa and it will show deleted and mod/admin removed comments as well in plain text.

Not sure if this is intended behavior or not as I actually appreciate the ability to do so. It helps to not lose context in conversations with deleted/removed material while still providing a small barrier to a casual observer.

• @THEDAEMON@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      5 months ago

It says removed with stars on both end

EDIT : Now i realised he didn’t delete it😂