link
        edit-2
        4 months ago

Removed by mod

• snownyte
        link
        fedilink
        75 months ago

Makes me also glad Dr.Oz lost his chance to be a senator. But damn was it scary close.

We don’t really need anymore celebrities of any kind to take up positions of power and influence. We’re already suffering the effects of a bad businessman, conman celebrity as it is.

• @cmbabul@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        25 months ago

Oprah really needs to catch more flack for the grifters she legitimized and damage she did to the overall culture through them and other new agey bullshit

• Capt. Wolf
          link
          fedilink
          25 months ago

That would mean people would have to acknowledge that she herself is a grifter…

How could we do that when her totally legitimate show brought us gems like this!?

• snownyte
    link
    fedilink
    165 months ago

My heart isn’t breaking for this. Why?

She began her professional career as spiritual leader of the Church of Today, a Unity Church in Warren, Michigan.

We don’t need anymore god damn religious people in power!

She was launched into prominence by Oprah Winfrey, being a frequent guest on her daytime talk show and becoming known as her “spiritual advisor”.

Which has fuck-all merit in how to better a country.

• @drislands@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      125 months ago

As far as I’m concerned, being promoted by Oprah is an indication of lack of quality more than anything else. Dr Phil, Dr Oz, John of God.

• @Godric@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    95 months ago

Wtf I cast like six spells a day and totally spent the spiritual power of my entire crystal collection, the cosmos must be in misalignment :'(

• @kiljoy@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    25 months ago

Sad. The only candidate that was pushing for actual progressive policies. The media treated them like they didn’t even exist.

• Hominine
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Progressive my ass, she’s a scamming Russian psy-op for dopes, same as the last go-around.

• @Zaktor@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      45 months ago

Let’s be real, she wasn’t a real contender. She was also a non-entity in 2020 (other than brief divergences to make fun of her mysticism). It’s not like Bernie jumped in for round 3 and the news just pretended it didn’t happen.