English
    375 months ago

How dare you become untrackable and ruin our data collection

• /home/pineapplelover
    link
    fedilink
    English
    295 months ago

Isn’t qobuz like $5/month or something? How do you pay for something and they ban you because they can’t track you further? Complete idiocy.

• @Antaeus@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    175 months ago

They have to. The license is different from region to region. It sucks, but it is how streaming services can survive until we get global agreements

• @MigratingtoLemmy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    65 months ago

This is nasty.

With that said, I personally think that Qobuz is better than the likes of Tidal, simply because they pay the artist more.

Just my opinion. But do what suits you. I usually just look from recommendations from YouTube and rip from Qobuz/Tidal/Apple anyway

• @LWD@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    35 months ago

I see a lot of alternative recommendations here, but there’s a little bit of a problem with that: it’s really easy for a company to get a list of VPN IP addresses to ban. They could do it on their own to some success, but I bet there are lists online that are being shared around already.

• FiveMacs
    link
    fedilink
    English
    35 months ago

'continue with Facebook’s should have been the first reason

• Gazumi
    link
    fedilink
    English
    15 months ago

I disconnected temporarily, signed in and then restarted my VPN. I did that connected to a safe cafe wifi. Works well straight after that. If they try it again or block VPN use again, will switch

• Philo
    link
    English
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Removed by mod

• AwkwardLookMonkeyPuppet
        link
        fedilink
        English
        25 months ago

What do you mean “If it blocks the data center blocks”? Are you talking about IP blocks? Most VPN don’t block anything, they just act as a proxy.