How are so many people already so good at it? Is everyone dying a lot like me?

… do I suck?

• rocker
    link
    fedilink
    English
    11 year ago

I suck at FPS and kinda avoid it all costs. Something about the chaos of frontline gunfights has been enough to keep me coming back. I found I started doing way better after using a starter medic build and was able to get my bearings. I’m still shit, but happy to finish in the middle of the pack if I’m having as much fun as I am.

• jgrim of SublinksOPA
      link
      English
      11 year ago

Oh yeah, I found that sniper is my game. I’m color-blind and find it difficult to figure out quickly if it’s a friendly or not. So being able to find targets and think about it makes it easier for me.

• Dr. Jenkem
    link
    fedilink
    English
    11 year ago

Skill transfer from other FPS’s. You’re probably losing to people who play a lot of valorant, CSGO, Tarkov, squad, etc.

• jgrim of SublinksOPA
      link
      English
      21 year ago

That’s a good point. They have the skills from the start. I’m rusty from having a kid and not playing any shooters for a while. I hoped a new game wouldn’t give me such a huge disadvantage.

• Dr. Jenkem
        link
        fedilink
        English
        11 year ago

Yeah, the other thing is weapon and weapon mods matter a lot and can kind of take a while to unlock.

In case you were wondering, for AR’s, the meta attachments are flash hider for super low horizontal recoil and vertical foregrip for super low vertical recoil. The recoil is pretty rough for a lot of guns until you get these attachments. SMGs have better recoil, even without the attachments, MP7 is pretty great and you start with it unlocked.

• jgrim of SublinksOPA
          link
          English
          11 year ago

That’s probably why they’re able to kill me so quickly. They do not have to burst as often.

• @kenvald
    link
    English
    11 year ago

If only I was young again and could play the game 5h per day, then maybe I’d be good lol

• iNeedScissors67
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I die a ton in this game and I haven’t been doing well, which is frustrating because I was so good at Battlefield, but that’s probably a result of playing it drunk and also not playing many online games as I get older. I plan to play some this holiday weekend with my friends and hopefully I’ll get a better feel for it, I only have 2 hours logged so far, so I didn’t exactly expect to be great at it but I also didn’t expect to get my ass so thoroughly handed to me, either. But the game is a lot of fun, that’s for sure. I haven’t gotten into a tank yet, which is where I shine in Battlefield (love shooting down choppers with the main cannon) so I hope I can get into one soon.

• jgrim of SublinksOPA
      link
      English
      21 year ago

Yeah, I’m mostly shocked by how good everyone else is. It’s pretty new and some people seem like pros. But I do love it. I love how big the rooms get. It’s engaging.