I like open-source projects with transparency and community-driven approach to development. How does Sublinks ensure transparency and community involvement in its development process? Could you shed some light on the guidelines or process by which feature requests are evaluated, approved, rejected, and prioritized for inclusion in the roadmap?

As someone with a background in Java from college and a newfound interest in Spring Boot, I am eager to contribute to the Sublinks codebase. However, transitioning from small example projects to a large, complex codebase can be intimidating. Could Sublinks have a mentorship program or opportunities for pair programming to support new contributors in navigating the codebase? Having a mentor to guide me through the initial stages would be invaluable in building my confidence and understanding of the codebase, enabling me to eventually tackle issues independently. Then I could mentor a new contributor. I believe it’s a nice way to recruit new contributors.

• AtegonM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Im not one of the main devs so im sure one of them can give more details and responses but currently all development and tasks planned is public on the github org https://github.com/orgs/sublinks/projects/1

Usually people will throw ideas in and then they will be looked at by the team and if its wanted it gets put into the relevant milestone

Im on the frontend side so not Java but if anyone wants me to help them get started with frontend / want me to mentor them feel free to reach out