I don’t know why you’ve subscribed but I hope you get value from it.

• @bisby@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    23 months ago

Im not subscribed but I definitely see your stuff floating past in the All feed. Lemmy has less content, but also less bad content, so browsing all feels a lot more reasonable than r/all ever did. Which then enhances discovery of communities like this.

• @ericjmoreyOPM
      link
      English
      23 months ago

I sometimes forget about the All feed as I never use it.

• @bisby@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        23 months ago

I never used the All feed on reddit. Way too much crap on that site.

On Lemmy though, it feels like the best way to get content. Make sure you have your language set… and then be ready to block some communities/instances if they are catered towards languages you don’t speak (not maliciously, but yknow, if you don’t speak a language 🤷 ). And then you have a huge stream of content.

There is often stuff that doesn’t interest me… I don’t really care about cat photos, but they also don’t bother me, but I get to discover a lot of cool random stuff (I was looking at Beeper earlier today, which I only saw because you posted about it).

It’s really extreme change in logic for me, because with reddit and twitter I absolutely did NOT want to see an all feed. I only ever used those sites in heavily curated ways. I’m sure if Lemmy continues growing, the noise will start to outweigh the signal and I’ll have to change back, but for now, it’s kinda nice.

• @ericjmoreyOPM
          link
          English
          23 months ago

That makes a lot of sense.