Hi, I usually browse voyager and like to share some funny memes. I’m used to browsing inside Firefox through wefwef.app there to share I long press an image and click Share as an image. on PWA I d’ont have share as an image in that menu. I tried the share button but it just download an image on the phone instead of opening my app of choice with the img. I’m on android

• @AngryClosetMonkey@feddit.ch
    link
    fedilink
    English
    44 months ago

It’s a Firefox thing. The context menu in pwa mode is different from the normal one. This is most likely a bug.

A workaround I sometimes use, is to go to the notification drawer, click the silent pwa notification to copy the URL of the current page, share the copied URL with firefox and finally use the normal context menu.

• @hiroyt@lemmy.sdf.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      14 months ago

Is there a way to modify context menu on pwa? thanks for the workaround I’ll check if it easier or if I’ll stay on the in browser app.

• @AngryClosetMonkey@feddit.ch
        link
        fedilink
        English
        23 months ago

No there is no way to customize the menu. I found an old bug that mentions adding a share option to the context menu. It is probably worth it to either kick this old bug, mentioning what is still missing, or to create a new bug describing the current issue.

• JackGreenEarth
    link
    fedilink
    English
    34 months ago

I thought the website was vger.app. But that’s just a side point, sorry I can’t help you.

• @wiase
    link
    English
    24 months ago

I’m using the PWA on android (with Vivaldi browser) and I just long-press the image and get the share image option… so, I don’t know why it doesn’t work for you.

• @wiase
        link
        English
        edit-2
        4 months ago

You can also use the 3-dots-menu by the post to get that option.

• @hiroyt@lemmy.sdf.orgOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          24 months ago

The share as image download the image instead of opening the share menu. I’ll stay with in Web app instead of pwa in the end I guess.

• @wiase
            link
            English
            edit-2
            3 months ago

That’s odd. Both options open the share menu for me and then paste the image right into the app I’ve chosen to share with (say WhatsApp)… so, yeah, seems to be a Firefox thing indeed.

• @aeharding@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    24 months ago

You can long press any part of the post that doesn’t have the image, or press the ellipsis as someone else mentioned.

Long pressing the image triggers the default Android behavior.