https://gitlab.com/treedome/treedome/-/releases

I was inspired by CherryTree to make my own note taking app. Please play around with this application, I welcome your feedback and issues.

Not that I claim Treedome to be any better than CherryTree. I’m trying my best to solve some of the pain points when using CherryTree, according to my daily usage.

• wrath-sedan
    link
    fedilink
    3210 months ago

Not looking for a new note-taking app but givin you a boost since it’s always great to have new projects in the mix. Keep up the good work!

• @spencerwi@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    10 months ago

This is super cool!

I took a look, as an avid Obsidian user interested in an open-source tool, and saw that one key difference is your emphasis on encrypted notes, which I suspect is part of why notes are stored in SQLite rather than as plain markdown files.

I think that might be something to call out in docs somewhere, since Obsidian (and Logseq) are popular note-taking apps, as one key feature difference between your app and those.

• @tengkuizdiharOP
      link
      1110 months ago

Yes, it’s stored as a binary object instead of markdown because of that! The changes I made to migrate the whole backend from ReDB to Sqlite is still very new, thanks for reminding me to mention it in the docs!

• @tengkuizdiharOP
      link
      1010 months ago

mfw no glasses gf that forgot hers every so often

• @tengkuizdiharOP
        link
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Thats okay, my target audience is myself and a bit more. I realized I cant please everyone, but at least some will love it.

But then again, its for demo purposes, obviously you can insert any picture you want.

• @Veritas@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    10 months ago

I’ve been searching for a program that would allow me to save my conversations with ChatGPT and other LLM models for later reference. Would this program enable me to save conversations with titles and easily search through them in the future? The ability to tag conversations and then search for specific tags would also be quite useful.

• @tengkuizdiharOP
      link
      310 months ago

This program doesn’t have a tagging system, but you can definitely add keywords onto the title for now and quick search it using ctrl+shift+p!

• True Blue
        link
        fedilink
        210 months ago

As someone who currently uses a note-taking app with tags, I’d highly recommended adding that as a feature if it’s not out of scope. I couldn’t imagine going back to taking notes without tags. It makes organization so much simpler.

• @tengkuizdiharOP
          link
          310 months ago

Never say never, the only reason why tag is not on the roadmap yet is because I couldnt find a way to add it without loading all of the tags into memory.

The encryption part is important after all.

• ElPussyKangaroo
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    10 months ago

I use Obsidian regularly but one issue I have is that image handling is not easy.

I love the Canvas plugin… Maybe in the future, you could do something like that too?

Edit: Is it available on Windows?

• @ReakDuck@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      310 months ago

The closest I saw was Trilium Notes to Obsidian.

There is Logseq too but the file management is just too different.

• @tengkuizdiharOP
      link
      310 months ago

Just saw Obisidian Canvas, wow. it’s probably another whole application inside of Treedome, so Doing it ourselves would be a tremendous challenge. Definitely need the help of the community on this one, or at least we need to find a NPM package that has a similar function to it. Draw.io maybe?

• @tengkuizdiharOP
      link
      110 months ago

I haven’t tried it on windows, but I think it’s possible to build it yourself. I have tried it in Linux and Mac only for now.

• drifty
    link
    fedilink
    English
    410 months ago

I could not find Windows binaries. Could you provide them with your releases?

• DM_Gold
    link
    fedilink
    English
    310 months ago

I use Notion for organizing my DnD campaign. Love how this is looking so far. I’ll add a feature request for linking to other pages, and implementation of a table in each note. Thanks for your work!

• @tengkuizdiharOP
      link
      210 months ago

Don’t forget to check the help section of the escape menu. For example, you can use ctrl+shift+p to quickly access your notes by title.

• @Merlin@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    210 months ago

Thanks for this :)

I’m am a big fan of rust and tauri. Nice to see it being used here. I’ll definitely give this a try :)