• SharkEatingBreakfast
    link
    fedilink
    504 months ago

No joke: guy tried to pull this with me, except I’m not blind. I do, however, have this thing where if you change your look (new hair, heavy makeup, whatever), my brain basically registers you as a different person.

So we met on a dating site, had gone out, I wasn’t really feeling it, so I wished him well and moved on. Matched with another guy almost 2 months later, and he seemed cool so we set up a date.

It took me a while, but I swore I knew him from somewhere, just couldn’t put my finger on it, but then I realized: he smelled familiar. That’s how I figured it out.

Dude darkened his hair, wore sunglasses, swear to god: wore fake facial piercings, and changed his overall style.

He “wanted another chance” and wanted to show that he “could change for [me]!”

No. No no no. No thank you. This ain’t a romantic comedy with you in the starring role. Goodbye.

• @TexasDrunk@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      244 months ago

I have the same issue. If you don’t look exactly like I expect and you’re in the same place I expect then I can’t really place you. I can see friends at the grocery store and have no idea who they are.

A friend of mine cut off her hair and dyed it. I saw her out and she said hello. We talked for a minute and I had no idea who the hell she was, so I politely excused myself thinking it was just someone I had met once or some drunk person striking up a conversation. Later that night I texted her and asked where she was. She walked up to me and asked what I needed. That’s the only way I put it together.

I have never told her this.

• SharkEatingBreakfast
        link
        fedilink
        54 months ago

The fine line between creepy and romantic is how attracted to the person you end up being.

“Fickle females love sneaky creeps, as long as they’re good-looking! Tee-hee!”

Fuck off with that shit.

Creep shit is creep shit. End of story.

You’re the kind of person women warn each other about.

• @NateSwift@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        44 months ago

I think most of us would put some hair dye in and wear some shades to get a second chance with someone we really wanted an actual shot with.

No. I think you’re just assuming other people would do the creepy shit you would. This would never have even crossed my mind.

• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    54 months ago

Me: “But how can it can be both!?”

Image: "Hold my beer"🙃.