• @infinitevalenceOPM
      link
      English
      31 year ago

Im still a mix, my personal rig is all AMD. My work is Intel+Nvidia due to software requirements. The only real positive with Nvidia is that outside of the 4090 they are ahead of AMD on power right now.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
        link
        English
        11 year ago

I noticed that a lot of software requires Nvidia for things to be optimal.

• @infinitevalenceOPM
          link
          English
          11 year ago

Yeah, Cuda has the first to market advantage and Nvidia has really invested in the dev tools for it. I just picked up an AMD MI25 so I can play with Stable Diffusion in my lab. 16gb of HBM for $75 yes please :)

• jgrim of SublinksMA
            link
            English
            11 year ago

Yeah, I remember seeing that Nvidia was better for Stable Diffusion. Is that still true? I see you went AMD for it.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
      link
      English
      21 year ago

I’m also all AMD. Mostly due to price. It’s been great.

• @infinitevalenceOPM
    link
    English
    11 year ago

Not sure why Linus was recording from a bathroom with airpods but I thought this was a great video and a nice new “format” for them. Some good humour, good co-hosting, loved Adam as Nvidia in the background.

Also great use of Labs as both a “set” and to show how little Nvidia cares about its gamer brand right now.

• @UNOFFICIAL_GOAT
      link
      English
      41 year ago

There was subtext that said his flight was delayed for recording. Not sure where he was.