For me is the “Fusca”(Beetle/Vocho/…) love the curvy design, something that you dont see nowadays.

• @j4k3@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1311 months ago

FD RX7

I just loved the idea of a rotary and how a 1.3L engine could have such a high output.

• Hildegarde
    link
    fedilink
    1111 months ago

Renault Twingo. It is tiny and adorable. Less car is best car.

• @TheWeirdestCunt@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    511 months ago

Call me a weeb if you want but my favourite is still the AE86, but honestly I like most 80s/90s cars. I prefer the boxy look over the bubbly 2000s look and most cars after the turn of the century are just bland.

• @Karmmah@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    511 months ago

Don’t know if it really is the favourite one since I like a lot of cars but the Alpine A110 is definitely close to the top. It just embodies everything that I think a car should aim to be. Light, inexpensive, great handling, good looking.

• Remy Rose
    link
    fedilink
    English
    511 months ago

I think cars should be eliminated wherever possible. Regardless, the El Camino is my favorite 😅

• @AttackBunny@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    411 months ago

Uh, Miata is always the answer!!

Honestly, as a daily is really is the best thing out there for me. I honestly can’t think of anything bad to say about the ND.

Favorite car is still the first gen RX7. Every time I think about selling mine I go for a drive and remember why I can’t. It just does everything so wrong but so right, even at a whopping 89rwhp.

• @pepsison52895@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      211 months ago

Agreed on the Miata! I had a '19 GTS that I bought new. Sold it a while ago and bought a really clean '94 when my employer went fully remote and I’ve always wanted an NA.

• @mkwarman@lemmy.mkwarman.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    411 months ago

The Lexus IS500. I know it’s not as fast or “spirited” or technologically advanced as an M340i or a C43. But I love the styling, the reliability, and the naturally aspirated V8. I’ve been talking my wife’s ear off about it and saving up for a while now. I’m hoping maybe in December I can snag one.

• @darkstar@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      111 months ago

Best of luck on picking one up! I rather like the design of the IS500, and of the previous generation IS (2006ish?). My only problem with the IS was its price compared to its performance. How can you charge so much for a sub-300hp V6? Then they put the V8 from the LC500 in the IS and it made much more sense to me.

I don’t know anything about the way it handles, but if it’s anything like the way it looks, it should be a fun ride.

• @FooSolo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    411 months ago

2010-2015 Toyota Prius. Efficient, smooth, roomy, can haul a bunch of stuff. Just fun to drive and love the car for what it is and designed to do.

• @darkstar@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Second generation Audi R8

I was lucky enough to own that alongside the Shelby GT350 for a short while, but ended up selling the GT350 within a year of getting the R8 since I have no need for two sports cars. I need a practical vehicle, so I got a Macan Turbo. If I could’ve afforded a Lamborghini Huracán I would’ve gotten that, but I couldn’t, so I got the next best thing and I love it. For anyone unaware, since VW owns Audi and Lamborghini, the R8 and Huracán share the same chassis, and a whole bunch more parts. Mine is a base V10 (not a V10+), so it has a different transmission than the Huracán, but the engine is the same.

I’m FINALLY going to be able to take the R8 to the track to see what it can do. That’s why I bought it four years ago, and it’s what I did numerous times with the GT350, which aside from overheating issues was fantastic in its handling. I hope the R8 doesn’t disappoint.