I figured I’d post a blaster pic…

Anyway, I’m really struck by how good this Longshot is for the price. Handling makes the thing fun to use despite only averaging about 135fps.

I did the barrel swap mainly so that I could add the BCAR. I don’t see the internals holding up to a stronger spring without swapping them for metal. Once you’ve done that then you’ve got the shell to worry about. The blaster feels surprisingly solid but the shell is really thin.

• Gloop Tamer
    link
    English
    21 year ago

I worry about internal strength, I’ve already seen someone have a cracked PT after it being released like what, a week ago? I wonder if it can take a PT from a Lynx or a Talon Claw or something

• @Ti_0
      link
      English
      31 year ago

There are replacement metal plunger tubes up for sale already. I’m considering getting one once I get a second lonxshot to mod.

• @AtomWorkerOP
          link
          English
          11 year ago

If you’re in the US you can order them from Target.

• @WhoKnowsWho2M
    link
    English
    21 year ago

Almost picked it up this week, but figured I’d wait for a sale. I’ve got too many blasters anyways.

• @FistfulOfBottlecaps
    link
    English
    11 year ago

I just picked mine up the other day, kinda excited to start messing with it. Did you open yours completely or just take off the front end?

• @AtomWorkerOP
      link
      English
      11 year ago

I opened it completely. I had to dremel the front end to fit the barrel. There are a lot of screws and a few fiddly bits but it’s not bad at all to get apart.

I also tried removing the ratchet arm. It works, but I noticed that with it missing the trigger pulls the front prime back just enough that the blaster won’t fire. Not a big deal if you push on the front grip, but still a nuisance.

• @FistfulOfBottlecaps
        link
        English
        11 year ago

Which mag adapter is that? Is it just a spring detent so you can pull it out without holding a lever?

• Ali
    link
    English
    11 year ago

Which barrel are you using? And I assume that’s a Jingjia CNC bcar?

• @AtomWorkerOP
      link
      English
      21 year ago

The BCAR barrel is from MEGO. It’s only got a 5 degree twist so not as effective above 200fps.

The barrel is from Black Raisins. I’m pretty sure that I’m getting a better seal than stock because the OD is a tiny bit larger. However, it has a textured finish which is probably not ideal given that the plunger wraps around it.

• @Boneheed
    link
    English
    11 year ago

I get 160FPS out of mine out of the box with the short darts it came with.

• @AtomWorkerOP
      link
      English
      11 year ago

I used Worker darts in mine. Performance is pretty inconsistent. I got shots as high as 169fps and as low as 114fps.

• @Boneheed
        link
        English
        21 year ago

I only have Worker gen 2’s, but the dart zone pro darts average about 140 with the SCAR on (127 to 146 over 8 rounds) but with the SCAR removed it hits 160 pretty consistent.

I’d recommend swapping to a talon or Koda mag tho, the stock one is a bit tricksy

• @Ti_0
          link
          English
          11 year ago

Have you tried using a koda mag with the included adapter? For some reason my koda doesn’t want to stay in.

• @Boneheed
            link
            English
            11 year ago

I haven’t, I only have straight talon 15’s and tachis, both work fine tho.

• @Ti_0
              link
              English
              21 year ago

Yeah, my straight 15s and tachi both work fine. It’s only the koda I’m having trouble with. Could be as simple a fix as filing the retention notch on the mag, but I’m nervous to try it.

• @Boneheed
            link
            English
            11 year ago

I only have talons and tachis, so i have not tested Kodas, i believe it’s supposed to take them though?

• @Bionikzombie
    link
    English
    11 year ago

Seriously can’t wait to get one of these in hand seem like a steal and esthetically one of the cooler looking blasters to be released in the last few years!!