• @EccTM@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    83 months ago

I thought Lawnchair died off a looong time ago, Glad to hear it’s still going.

• June (she/her) 🫐
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    3 months ago

Doesn’t support Firefox as a search provider for the sub-dock search bar, so DOA for me

• @aleph@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      3 months ago

But … Firefox is a browser, not a search engine?

Or do you mean you can’t do a Google search via Firefox rather than using the Google search app?

• June (she/her) 🫐
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        3 months ago

Firefox supplies a search bar widget that then uses your Firefox search settings, and it’s how I do things

See:

On Nova

Tapping it immediately opens Firefox in the search bar with the keyboard open, and allows me to use my search history, browser history, bookmarks, and search suggestions, all at once:

• @aleph@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          63 months ago

Ah gotcha. I suppose you could just disable the default dock search widget and manually add the Firefox one. Only downside is that it would have to be above the dock area.

• Simon Müller
        link
        fedilink
        12 months ago

You cannot put Firefox’ search widget down there. That is the point they’re making

• @nfsu2@feddit.clOP
      link
      fedilink
      33 months ago

Who is they? oh you mean Lawnchair developers, yeah its true. I have stopped using instagram, twitter, facebook but some services are really hard to dump because of real social circles specially boomers.

• @Gamera8ID
    link
    edit-2
    3 months ago

Sadly, no “cover mode” option for folders.

• @nfsu2@feddit.clOP
      link
      fedilink
      43 months ago

They released dev builds which some contributors could fork, but no official release.

• Simon Müller
      link
      fedilink
      22 months ago

They’ve started basing the version number in Lawnchair off of the Stock Android Launcher versions they are basing on.

• @GlenRambo@jlai.lu
    link
    fedilink
    111 days ago

What is the difference between the official app and https://github.com/Goooler/LawnchairRelease

I beloeoce since 2018 and this year the Goooler version was slightly ahead with some fixes.

But is is now the same app, just signed with different keys (whatever that means). And if so why does git say its 250commits ahead?