Hey folks… Yes we all saw the drama, and yes Linus probably did not understand that the criticism was of their pace and methodology rather than on a single video.

BUT please down vote bad content, not because your mad at Linus, and more importantly if you are down-voting to protest, do it on Youtube!

This unofficial community (of like 3 people) is not affiliated, we are not beholden, we are fully independent and have no connection to LTT. Down voting here without adding to the discussion is as bad as posting YouTube video’s without fixing the errors.

• Pons_Aelius
    link
    fedilink
    110 months ago

What are you talking about?

This m has a total of 2 down-votes in all threads and comments.

• @infinitevalenceOPM
      link
      English
      810 months ago

Trying to head off a trend before it becomes a thing where people downvote because internet rage, and encourage people to discuss the video’s and topics.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and not just downvote me :)

• @YaketySax
      link
      English
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Six days later and there’s 44 75 on the first page (top 20 Active), so I guess OP was correct about human nature.

This took longer than just adding them up, but that’s not the point:

Array.from(document.querySelectorAll('[aria-label="Downvote"] span.ms-2'))
          .reduce((acc, e) => acc + parseInt(e.innerText, 10) || 0, 0)

• @howlingecko@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    -110 months ago

That would require that they earn more money on bad content. How about they stop churning out half ass garbage and thoroughly do what they claim they to do.

They have a bit of work to do before they get an upvote from me.