For the past day or so every time I try to open Jerboa it just crashes immediately without an error message why. Is there any scheduled update/fix for Jerboa? I’d like to be able to browse on mobile again and really enjoyed the app while it was working.

-posted from my pc (only because I can’t get the app to work)

• @JaffaBoy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I had to clear all memory (not just the cache) then relogin. That sorted it. But I’ve since moved to Connect

• Alphador
    link
    fedilink
    English
    71 year ago

I just stayed off the fediverse while new users signed up and jerboa is back and working for me on android.

• @JackGreenEarth@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        11 year ago

I’m currently using wefwef to reply to you, I use them both interchangeably, but Connect has more formatting options in the markdown editor, whereas Wefwef expects you to just remember how to format anything in markdown. Both experience errors constantly.

• @kat@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I have the same issue. Deleting app data and cache stopped the crash at the start, but I cannot log into my account. It seems the reason for the crash was that the lemmy instance I’m on (and that I was still logged into) uses version 17.x, when Jerboa requires 18.x.

• Xanthrax
      link
      fedilink
      English
      21 year ago

They fixed it this morning, but it’s still being buggy for me. I think it’s more on Lemmy’s/.world’s side, at this point. That being said, I’m starting to like wefwef a lot.

• @DigitalPortkey@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    61 year ago

I think Jerboa was always only going to be a best-effort app that the dev even recommended you fork if you want to see changes.

I strongly suggest you use the more up and coming popular apps, like Liftoff and Thunder.

• @Exilfranke@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      11 year ago

I actually have issues with wefwef now, gives me a lot of errors.

But I think the next days will be a little rough because of many new signups.

• @ottk3@discuss.tchncs.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        11 year ago

Maybe there are still older files in your installation that cause the errors? Have you tried to completely remove it?

Since its a webapp it uses your mobile browser. So maybe another browser would work better.

• @eleitl@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    41 year ago

With latest updates with app and server-side it’s a lot more stable now. It will be weeks to months until the infrastructure can absorb new users.

• @isdfoa@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    31 year ago

I am using webweb.app which is a PWA Apollo clone. Its a bit weird cause the UI is iOS based, but it’s by far the smoothest and full featured all I tried so far!

Scrolling is like butter, I can customize text size, and from comment reply notifications it actually directly opens the thread to the comment, and also highlights the comment which i love! Is liftoff and thunder similarly full featured?

• @isdfoa@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        11 year ago

Oops, pesky autocorrect. This also has infinite scrolling which I didn’t even realize at first and what made the Lemmy feel so clunky on mobile before - that is definitely the biggest thing that makes this my favorite now.

• QubaXR
    link
    fedilink
    English
    21 year ago

I’ve been periodically installing and uninstalling it on my phone for the past 10 days. Never managed to launch it. Crashes after a second or two every time.

• Parzival
    link
    fedilink
    English
    21 year ago

Yes, it kept crashing after a few minuted of use on my android. Not unsurprising when all this is very new. Gonna wait for the in-development boost and sync for Lemmy.

• @malibu43@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I still can’t switch from local to all. Switched to Thunder which has been great!

Edit: Jerboa back to working great and my top app again.

• Victor von Void
      link
      fedilink
      English
      11 year ago

I had this, too, but got a new version done hours ago that solved this problem.